The 6th Annual Business of Software Conference Europe took place in Cambridge a few weeks ago – April 11-12 2019. What an incredible few days. A huge thank you to all the speakers and attendees who made it one of the most memorable ever, for all the right reasons. The talks will be edited, published and transcribed in the next month or so but until then, here are the slides, sketch notes, blog posts and other highlights from some of the attendees.
- Derek Sivers: Mensch Patterns
- Poppy Gustafsson: Building A Billion Dollar Business – Managing Objectives Against Rapid Growth
- John Snyder: Growing SaaS Sales Across New Territories
- Francesco D’Alessio: Avoiding The Perennial Problems With Productivity Tools
- Elpie Bannister & Alex Yang: Finding & Nurturing Tech Talent
- Randy Silver: Here Be Dragons – Product, Discovery & How Not To Mess It Up
- Amir Salihefendic: Ten Lessons Learned Building Doist
- Rich Mironov: Software Pricing Demystified
- Sarah McVittie: Using Data To Build Value
- Gareth Marlow: Why You Should Care About Cultivating Trust
- Claire Lew: The Accidental Bad Manager
- Mat Clayton: Bootstrapping To 20 Million Users
- Paul Kenny: Developing Sales Talent
During the sessions at #BoS2019, the incredibly talented Anne-Marie Miller of Carbon Orange drew Sketch Notes of each of the talks. It’s fair to say Anne-Marie completed quite the feat of endurance, drawing for over 12 hours over the course of 2 days. The notes were drawn on a whiteboard and the images were captured by Kaptivo‘s brilliant whiteboard collaboration tool.
You can see her amazing Sketch Notes below:
As always at BoS Conferences, the attendees collaborated and made notes in a Google Doc. You can see those notes here.
Attendee Review Blogs
- The Best Software/SaaS Event I have Attended for Five Years – Jonathan Markwell (Founder, CoverageBook)
- The Best Conference I’ve Ever Attended – Ed Lepedus (Founder, Cognitive Creations)
- 5 Things I Learned From #BoS2019 – Mark Stephens (Founder, IDRsolutions)
- Book Recommendations from #BoS2019 – Stephen Kellett (Director, Software Verify)
- Mensch Patterns – Brandon Wu, (CEO/Founder, Markd.co)
- What I Learned At #BoS2019 – Andrea Steffes-Tuttle (Owner, Think Better Marketing)
- 41 Quotes from #BoS2019 – Ed Lepedus (Founder, Cognitive Creations)
- 6 BoS Europe Talks That Blew My Mind – Ed Lepedus (Founder, Cognitive Creations)
My All Time Favorite Material Possession.
Materialism is bad but sometimes… Oh yes. Without a shadow of a doubt.
Business of Software USA: 16-18 September 2019, Boston MA
Tickets for BoS USA 2019 are now on sale. Join us in Boston this September for another fantastic conference about leading a software business.